baslinux - [BL] Abiword

  • From: Dan Schmidt <helpdeskdan AT yahoo.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Abiword
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 20:16:48 -0700 (PDT)

>What does the following give you?
>----------------
>Xvesa -listmodes
>----------------

This command gives me many options. x8 is an option
for 600x800 however when I choose it, it comes up with
garbage for about 7 seconds and then boot into a
horribly wrong colored icewm. (as other options have
done) x4 seems to work great. It lists 4 as Planar
and 8 as PseudoColor, I'm not sure why. It also lists
sizes such as 1024x768 that, when I try, is too large
to fit on my screen.

So perhaps abiword does not work in x4?

Thanks,
-Dan