baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 install-to-hd

  • From: Hal MacArgle <halinux AT kvinet.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 install-to-hd
  • Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 13:22:22 -0400

On 09-25, 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:
> sindi keesan wrote:
>
> > Hal has one computer with similar problems
>
> Really? I thought his problem related to booting big Slackware
> bzimages (not the BasicLinux zimage).

I tried several bzImages, bare.i, lo memory, etc, plus one of
BL's zimages and got the dreaded "not an image file" report using the
Loadlin versions I have: 1.6, 1.6C and 1.5, over DRdos7.03 /or/
FreeDos /or/ MSDos6.2, not getting past the

Booting with a Win98FE 'startup' disk is OK, as suggested by
Sindi..

In my case the problem, apparently, follows the motherboards
incompatibility with any of the Loadlin versions I tried.. Why
Win98FE startup boot disk works? Haven't a clue.. <grin>

Trying the same routine on another similar machine - all
normal...

Hal - in Terra Alta, WV - Slackware GNU/Linux 9.0 (2.4.20-1)
.