baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 install-to-hd

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 install-to-hd
  • Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 06:56:06 +1200

sindi keesan wrote:

> BL2 almost always boots with loadlin from DR-DOS (not
> after a failed boot of BL3) whereas BL3 never does

What exactly do you mean by does not boot? Do you see
the kernel info scroll by?

> So the difference is probably something to do with
> the startup routine.

The startup routine (init + startup scripts) does not
begin until *after* the kernel completes booting. If
you aren't seeing the kernel info scroll, then your
problem has nothing to do with the startup routine.

> Does LILO let you have a boot menu that offers a choice of:
> booting into BL3
> booting into BL2
> booting into DR-DOS (to use DOS)

Yes.

> booting into Win9X DOS with system files (to use Win or DOS)
> booting into Win9X DOS without system files

Unless they are on different partitions, I think not.
AFAIK lilo simply hands over to the foreign OS on the
partition. It doesn't select a specific configuration
for that OS.