baslinux - Re: [BL] new (to me) lightweight browser for BL?

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] new (to me) lightweight browser for BL?
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 11:19:35 +1200

Ron Clarke wrote:

> > James Miller wrote:
> > >
> > > a lightweight graphical browser:
> > > It's called Netfront
>
> I also downloaded this to try it in BL2.
> All I get is an error message - cannot find libXaw.so.7

I did the same thing, with the same result. Tried lying
(aliasing libXaw.so.6 to libXaw.so.7) but it couldn't do
what was required.

> Is this something I can safely add from SW8.1 or SW9.1 ?

Perhaps. I'd have a look in SW8.0 first. The closer
you stay to SW7.1 the more likely it will work.

> Or did you find a way to run this, Steven ?

Nope. I have plenty of stuff to do for BL3 without worrying
about BL2. But if Netfront were compatible with BL3, now
that would be a different story.