baslinux - Re: [BL] soundcard support for bl3

  • From: cce.zizkov AT volny.cz
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] soundcard support for bl3
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 16:23:56

On 16 Sep 04 at 13:33, keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org wrote:

>I thought you needed to insmod v_midi before sb module would even load,
>whether or not you are doing midi. Does sb load for you without v_midi?

Yes

>Do you need to use the bare.i kernel as well?

Yes

>>> What is patmgr?
>>
>> Ron's script to create devices. I do not know whether it is needed.
>> I have never had problems when I unpack the files in /dev with the
>> pkg command.
>
>Do you mean you installed devs.tgz to create devices, and then you copied
>them to your sound package?

I just copy the necessary devices in mc to a dev subdirectory and then
tarzip the whole package. It is may be a dirty way, but it seems to
work.

>That was probably my script you are referring to. Ron told me he
>installed the devs.tgz package. sb.o does not make the sound devices
>correctly and therefore you need to add them (by installing devs.tgz,
>running the script that comes with it to make devices, or using your own
>script or typing out mknod with relevant numbers). patmgr was listed as one
>of the sound devices in my book. I put all the sound devices in the script
>but the book said that in order to play sounds you need only dsp, audio and
>mixer. I have no idea what patmgr does. sndstat provides information about
>the sound card.

I actually do not know whether this script or the commands listed in
are needed, but it is small, so I decided to include it.

Christof

Ceskobratrska cirkev evangelicka - Betlemska kaple na Zizkove
Prokopova 4/216, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
Tel. (+420) 222 78 06 73 / 222 78 20 02 / 603 18 87 53
http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov