baslinux - Re: [BL] streaming audio for BL2

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT earthlink.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] streaming audio for BL2
  • Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 08:45:14 +1000

Hi Sindi,

On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 23:23:14 +0000 (UTC)
sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> > I play, and make, OGG files in DOS. I have yet to try in Linux.
> I don't think DOS can do streaming anything, can it?

No, not streaming. Windows 3.1 (basically a DOS GUI) can stream RealAudio
though.

> Re mpg123
> > I think it is part of sox.tgz.
>
> Only sox and play are in that package.
>
> The mp3 player mpg123 is in mp3.tgz (SW7.1).

I stand corrected. :)

> I might fiddle around with that some time after trying the DOS program
> CDP (does that also play OGG files?).

No.

For OGG playing, try MPXPlay. - http://www.geocities.com/mpxplay/
It also handles mp3, wav and a few other sound formats.
Needs at least 100 MHz processor, 120 MHz would be better.

Regards,
Ron
--
Ron Clarke