baslinux - Re: [BL] How to get USB devices working under Linux (fwd)

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] How to get USB devices working under Linux (fwd)
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 09:54:05 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, James Miller wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, Sindi Keesan wrote:
>
> > My partner wants to take a linux course to learn to compile kernels and
> > modules. If he succeeds he can take orders from BL2 users.
>
> A course might be sort of overkill - unless he needs to take one for other
> reasons. There are alot of kernel compiling how-to type pages on the web.
> It is also covered in many Linux books. I'm no master at it, but I've
> done it a few times using web documentation and books.

He wants to take a course anyway, and it gets us free internet for a year
when he does ($300 for one course). Have you compiled just a module? I
tried for an ethernet card, having gathered what I thought were complete
instructions from the site with the source code, and eventually gave up
with too many error messages that nobody here could help with. Do you
want to try compiling the usb modules for BL2? usb-core.o and uhci.o I
think. I am wondering if BL2 and whatever is needed to use a memory card
reader could be fit onto two floppy disks. Or do you know some way to do
this in DOS?