baslinux - Re: [BL] How to get USB devices working under Linux (fwd)

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] How to get USB devices working under Linux (fwd)
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 19:29:33 -0400 (EDT)

Slackware 7.1 does not have any modules for usb or uhci, or any usb
kernels. Slackware 8 has a usb.i and a usb.s kernel, the former 1088K.
I presume it could be used with BL2 for occasional USB support if you
don't want to attempt to compile the usb modules for 2.2.16.

The usb.i kernel from SW8.1 is unlikely to fit on the BL2 floppy disk
instead of the BL2 kernel. We will stick with a serial-cable camera for
travelling and hope computers continue to have serial ports. (One
computer we tried to download to had only a 25-in serial port 2 years
ago). Those without serial ports might have built-in memory card slots
instead.

For a SCSI scanner can I use the BL2 kernel with scsi modules?

My partner wants to take a linux course to learn to compile kernels and
modules. If he succeeds he can take orders from BL2 users.