baslinux - Re: [BL] Introduction and a couple of questions.

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Introduction and a couple of questions.
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 02:11:39 +0000

James Miller wrote:

> Though BL 3.x runs from a file stored on a DOS partition,
> it can also be installed to the HD (i.e., to an ext2
> partition). I haven't done that yet, but there must be
> some directions for it: maybe try issuing the command
> "install"?

install-to-hd

> If Steven is not too busy, he may jump in on this too.
> What he says carries more authority, since he is the
> developer and maintainer of BL.

Steven has just moved and is still unpacking boxes and eating
cold beans out of a can. His main computer is still in a box
and his only link to you guys is a 486 laptop with 12mb RAM
running BL1 and Netscape 3.04. As you can imagine, Steven
has been doing precious little developing and maintaining of
BasicLinux. However, a month or two down the track, it will
be full speed ahead.