baslinux - [BL] Introduction and a couple of questions.

  • From: Joe Pardo <pardoja2002 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Introduction and a couple of questions.
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 09:31:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all I'm new to BL but have a good working knowledge
of Linux / BSD systems. I have a couple of questions:
1. I want to take BL out of the DOS partition and put
it on its own like a regular distro. I.ve never run
Linux from a DOS partition but given the difference in
filestructures, I think BL will run better on its own
partition.What's the best way to do this?

2. As far as adding packages I have read conflicting
info. Do I get packages from Slack 7.1 or 3.5 ?
Thanks