baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 website

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 website
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 01:36:15 +0000

Sindi Keesan wrote:

> I would find it helpful if there were mention of which
> version of BL3 used loadlin or lilo to boot - presumably
> loadlin for the DOS loop version,

Yes. That's why loadlin.exe is one of the files in the DOS package.
loadlin.exe is the way you boot Linux from DOS.

> what happens when you install either of them to hard drive?

The booting methods stay the same. loadlin.exe for booting
from DOS. lilo for booting without DOS.

When you run install-to-hd, it tells you how to boot. It
should be pretty clear from that whether you will be using
loadlin.exe or lilo.

> A short mirrors list for SW3.x would be nice as it
> is quite hard to find.

Isn't there a list for that on the BL1 page? Some of
the links are probably dead, but some should still work.