baslinux - Re: [BL] hard drive/fsck problem

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] hard drive/fsck problem
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 13:32:45 +1200

Sindi Keesan wrote:

> BL3 does not have a lot of help on e2fsck

man e2fsck

> part of busybox?

No.

> I have three computers of the same model with the same
> problem in linux.

Probably needs a custom kernel. There were a few old models
that were not 100% compatible. They needed a special parameter
for the kernel compile.

> > While trying to get the linux source code for 2.2.16 into
> > /usr/src/ on my second computer

Are you sure you left enough room for it? When you install the
sourcecode it swells a lot in size. Or perhaps you ran out of
inodes?

> Only half the source files got installed, even though I saw
> the others go by on the list.

Sounds like too little space or too few inodes.

> > THis computer is the one that used to not boot linux half
> > the time (unless I booted from Win98 DOS or MS-DOS 6) but
> > it now boots linux without any complaints until the fsck/inodes
> > thing.

Your erratic problems sound like hardware issues. If I had as
many computers as you do, I would ditch that one.