baslinux - Re: [BL] make segemantation fault

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] make segemantation fault
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 13:44:06 +1200

jongg AT xs4all.nl wrote:

> I downloaded gmake.tgz from slackware 7.1.
> I used PKG to install.
> I am running BL 3

BL3 is not compatible with Slackware 7.1. It uses the
same kernel, so you can use kernels and modules from
Slackware 7.1 on BL3. But packages from Slackware 7.1
will not work on BL3.

If you want Slackware packages for BL3, you should try
ones from Slackware 3 or 4.

For people who want to expand BasicLinux into a much bigger
installation, I recommend they use BL2 for the foundation.
BL3 was designed to be very small; expandability was not a
high priority.

BL1 - compatible with Slackware 3.5
BL2 - compatible with Slackware 7.1
BL3 - hybrid