baslinux - Re: [BL] updates - a trap for young players (and old ones)

  • From: Matrix Mole <matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] updates - a trap for young players (and old ones)
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 04:54:10 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, Ron Clarke wrote:

Did you try doing ldd for links to see what it was saying it was missing?

Yes, but it wasn't much help. Links (graphic) is a statically compiled
beast from JP.

Just a quick reply before my break time is over, posibly longer reply later. If the version of links graphical is statically compiled, you shouldn't need any libraries at all on your system I though, or am I wrong on static compiles? If this is the case, then perhaps something else in the glibcso install tarball causes the messup. It still may be an issue with the glibcso, but maybe not the one library you need for xine. Do ldd on xine and see what it needs, and maybe just extract those files from glibcso tarball and see if links graphic still works.

--
Matrix Mole
matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org