baslinux - Re: [BL] Yes, I do have some problems with bl

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Yes, I do have some problems with bl
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 09:24:38 +1200

Jeff M. wrote:

> I recently installed bl3.21 to my FreeDOS b9rc5 partition

What's a b9rc5 partition?

> However, x doesn't work here.

Are you booting with loadlin.exe? If so, something in your
DOS is probably conflicting with Xvesa. I suggest you try
booting with a bare DOS boot disk (using a different version
of DOS or two) and see if that helps.

> So, if anyone wants to tell me how to get started on solving
> my bl x troubles please let me know.

Different DOS boot disks can be downloaded from bootdisk.com.
Or, alternatively, you could try the floppy version of BL3
(it does not use loadlin.exe).