baslinux - Re: [BL] test: is the list down??

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] test: is the list down??
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 15:18:47 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 21 May 2004, Jeff M. wrote:

> Hello list,
> Sorry if all is well. Not getting emails from the list in 2 days.
> Very unusual.
> Learning and loving Basic Linux!,
> Jeff

I usually send in lots of emails about my little problems but I am a
free-lance translator and have a very large translation to play with for
two weeks instead. It is sort of disappointing when nobody else writes
in. Jeff, don't you have any problems you need help with?

I will be posting again when I have time to try out the latest BL3 floppy
version, and httpd, and to work on my Xvesa problem. The Win98 himem.sys
on this computer, with this PCI S3 Virge video card, appears to be
interfering with Xvesa even though the card works in another computer with
DR-DOS himem.sys and the Win98 himem.sys works in two other computers with
different video cards or chips, both AGP - an SiS and an S3 Trio3d.
Does anyone have any experience with Xvesa not working due to a specific
combination of video card and operating system?

Xvesa works if I bypass the system files (F5 while booting).

Sindi Keesan