baslinux - [BL] Yes, I do have some problems with bl

  • From: "Jeff M." <mojaveplan AT icehouse.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Yes, I do have some problems with bl
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 12:56:43 -0700

Hello list,
I recently installed bl3.21 to my FreeDOS b9rc5 partition
and love it. I wanted to pursue dialup for dos but never got around
to it. The bl has already taken care of that (so-to-speak ;->). Doing
the pppsetup was a snap compared to almost everything. Bl is straight
forward and simple to use, and I like the included packages such as
links, wp, and eznet. However, x doesn't work
here. Nothing happens, but not at all unusual. X is a struggle for me
enough without mentioning that I use one of those nifty Logitech
optical mice. That seems to be the normal hangup in any xconfig that I
do. I may trade mice with the pc the kids use, maybe even the older ati
card, as all the 'open source experimentation' takes place on mine.
Still learning, but nontheless, all the pc's here use Linux, FreeDOS,
OpenBSD, or something like it.
So, if anyone wants to tell me how to get started on solving my bl
x troubles please let me know. I'm not too worried about it since I
have other os'es on the machine, and I need to get better with the cli
anyway!
Thanks,
Jeff
NA7L