baslinux - Re: [BL] Connecting via ethernet

  • From: "Sheldon Isaac" <sisaac AT netaxs.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Connecting via ethernet
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 23:12:20 -0400

On 13 May 2004 at 20:15, Sindi Keesan wrote:
> lanshack (lanshak?) also sells 5' crossover cables premade for $3.65,
> which is about half the price of an adapter. Presumably some local store
> also has them cheaper than the cost of an adapter or tools and parts.

Oh, I just noticed this in James's reply.

I concur with your guess - I think my 7' crossover cable was about $5 at
Micro Center.

I haven't yet used 'fancier' stuff like hubs, switches, routers.

I got the two NICs and the cable, a year or two ago, to connect my older
computer with this one. The idea was backup, via Windows network facility .

Was pleased last fall after discovering BL2.1 to see eventually that, with
help mostly from Steven, that the same hardware works in Linux.

Am also pleased to see that people in this discussion group are so helpful
and generous.

Regards,

Sheldon Isaac