baslinux - Re: [BL] new BL3 - version 3.10

  • From: Robert Steinmetz <rob AT steinmetznet.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] new BL3 - version 3.10
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 21:11:44 -0500

3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

Robert Steinmetz wrote:

I didn't get the error on BL3.02 only BL3.10

Identical hardware? Identical screen resolution?
Xvesa behaves quite differently on different hardware,
and (even on the same hardware) gives different error messages on different screen resolutions.

It's the same machine. I deleted everything in c:\baslin and installed BL3.10. No changes in the config.sys and autoexec.bat. I have tried all of the standard settings of BL3 with the same results. I'll try them again and reinstall 3.02 again to verify.

I apologize (again) for the flakey behavior of Xvesa, but
I know of nothing else that works on so many systems with
so little setup. I suspect that most of our problems with Xvesa stem from our booting from DOS. Perhaps I need to give consideration to a different method of booting BL3?

I'm getting ready to replace the hard drive in this machine with a larger one. When I do that I can install a Linux partition.

--
Robert Steinmetz
Principal