baslinux - Re: [BL] new BL3 - version 3.10

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] new BL3 - version 3.10
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 07:28:24 +1200

Robert Steinmetz wrote:

> I didn't get the error on BL3.02 only BL3.10

Identical hardware? Identical screen resolution?
Xvesa behaves quite differently on different hardware,
and (even on the same hardware) gives different error
messages on different screen resolutions.

I apologize (again) for the flakey behavior of Xvesa, but
I know of nothing else that works on so many systems with
so little setup. I suspect that most of our problems with
Xvesa stem from our booting from DOS. Perhaps I need to give
consideration to a different method of booting BL3?