baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 - library downgrade problems (glibc-2.2.5>2.1.3) (fwd)

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 - library downgrade problems (glibc-2.2.5>2.1.3) (fwd)
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 13:57:48 -0500 (EST)

I have registered with Linuxquestions.org and posted my problem there.
They encourage questions from newbies. There was one from someone who had
Redhat with glibc 2.2.5 and installed a program which needed 2.1.3.
Nobody ever answered that question, in nearly a year.

Someone else with a glibc problem (but only version 2.2.5 on the computer)
fixed it by doing removepkg glibc and glibcso, at which point nothing
worked any more of course, then rebooting with a Slackware boot CD,
mounting and cd'ing to the partition with the hard drive linux,
deleting libpthread*, and reinstalling glibcso and glibc. If I tried
something like that, do I need to specify where to installpkg to, or does
it install to the partition I am on at the time?

What does libpthread do?

I might try, as Matrix Mole suggested, removing all five of the packages
used in compiling, and reinstalling them.