baslinux - RE: [BL] bl2.10 on bootable CD

  • From: "Flaig, Benno" <Benno.Flaig AT t-systems.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [BL] bl2.10 on bootable CD
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 14:33:54 +0100

hi folks,

some of you stated, it would be waste of space to have a bootable linux on
cd, that
uses only 1% of the available space. Well, that's why I selected basic linux.

It makes sense, wherever you want to have CDs full of data (say, hard disk
images),
but in addition the CD should be able to boot a system (say, for restoring a
hard disk
image).

More reasons for BL on CD:
- There are PCs out which do not have floppy disks.
- You don't have to change media to boot from an inserted media, and it boots
a lot faster
- and it boots a lot faster and leaner than knoppix etc...

I will upload my CD image to my http server as a compressed Image (2.2MB).
It will stay there for just two weeks because I have to limit download volume.
If you guys are interested, feel free to take to the BL main homepage.

The Image can be burned using M$ style CD burn software like NERO as well as
mkisofs / cdrecord. See the Internet for descriptions on using your favorite
burning
software in order to "create/burn bootable CD".

Benno