baslinux - RE: [BL] bl2.10 on bootable CD

  • From: "Flaig, Benno" <Benno.Flaig AT t-systems.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [BL] bl2.10 on bootable CD
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 17:10:28 +0100

James wrote:
>Thanks, Benno. I could make this file available at my BL add-ons site.
>What do you say, Steven, others? Should we have a few list members test
>it before posting a copy there?

Sorry, I still do not have the clou about who is who: wrote 'Steven' but
meant
'James' ;-)

I use the original BL2.10 kernel and initrd files.
So, as soon as loadlin takes over, things are identically to the original
BL2.10.

At the time of writing this I don't even have an environment to modify /
build a
different version of BL (despite I'd wish to have a national keyboard
setting).

The only things I changed starting from the two floppy disk version are:

- I use the (GPL'd) Freedos for booting the system instead of the dr.dos or
something that the floppy disk version uses
- I don't need a dos ramdisk for booting because I don't have to collect the
files
from a two disk set

I tried the boot process successfully on 5 different computers.
But feel free to do more testing ...

Benno