baslinux - Re: [BL] Phoenix/Firebird

  • From: "Samuel W. Heywood" <sheywood AT shentel.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Phoenix/Firebird
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 00:54:43 -0500

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 22:47:07 -0500 (EST), Sindi Keesan wrote:

>> There is an older version of Firebird named the Phoenix browser.
>> The name was changed to Firebird over complaints of possible
>> trademark infrigement with the use of the word "Phoenix". The
>> Phoenix browser came out about two and a half years ago. They
>> made a version for Window$ and I think they made a version for
>> Linux. The Window$ version runs fine, although kinda slow, on
>> my Pentium 133 Win95 machine with 16 Megs. of RAM. If Sindi can
>> download and install a Linux version of the old Phoenix browser
>> it might run just great on a 233 Pentium with 32 Megs. of RAM

>> Sam Heywood

<snipped questions and comments>

I'm sorry I cannot answer your questions because I have no experience
with Linux versions of Phoenix or Firebird. In my comments above I
expressed only the opinion that the old Phoenix browsers might run
a lot better than the Firebird browsers in older machines lacking big
memory resources because the old Phoenix browsers do not require as
much memory.

Sam Heywood