baslinux - [BL] basiclinux doesn't like abiword?

  • From: Nomdo Jansonius <nomdo AT dds.nl>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] basiclinux doesn't like abiword?
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 22:33:00 +100

Any suggestions for the problem stated below?

I downloaded abiword from the basiclinux add-on page. I put it in a DOS
drive called temp (a small partition on my HD) that is mounted in
basiclinux as /dos. When I start basiclinux and look in /dos then the
file is there but its size is marked as 0 bytes. Back in DOS, the file
indeed has been reduced to 0 bytes.

I did see this problem (i.e. disappearing files in a DOS partition that
is mounted in BL) a few times before (that's why I use a separate DOS
partition to communicate with BL: once BL deleted my command.com...).
With abiword, however, it occurs repeatedly and I do not manage to get it
in BL at all. I downloaded it twice, tried both BL 1.7 and 2.1 and I
renamed the file in an attempt to bypass the problem. When I put abiword
in the DOS partition together with about ten other .tgz files, only
abiword disappeared!

Nomdo