baslinux - Re: [BL] xterm and -fn; WORD for DOS

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] xterm and -fn; WORD for DOS
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 21:12:35 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> keesan AT austin.triohost.com wrote:
> >
> > This regards the .exe file for WORD for DOS.
>
> Isn't that .exe a self-extracting zip?
>
> > Can you unzip an .exe file with pkunzip?
>
> Yes (if it is a self-extracting zip).

I think the problem is that the self-extracting executable (wd55_ben.exe
or something like that) inflates a bunch of files that have a .xx$ (.pr$
in the case of the particular files Sindi talked about) extension that,
apparently, need some further inflation that's supposed to happen when you
run setup.exe. Seems to me that if pkunzip is supposed to help, it would
be in unpacking those files with the .xx$ extension:
pkunzip *.*$
I'm not trying to recommend this, just saying that, if I understand what's
being proposed, that's the only legitimate application.

James