baslinux - Re: [BL] xterm and -fn; WORD for DOS

  • From: cce.zizkov AT volny.cz
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] xterm and -fn; WORD for DOS
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 08:13:34

On 20 Dec 03 at 22:01, baslinux-request AT lists.ibibl wrote:

>Reply to Sender: mailto:keesan AT cyberspace.org
>Reply to List: mailto:baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
>
>The xterm provided by Steven with icewm does not work properly when I dial
>my bbs with kermit and use lynx. When I tab or arrow down to any link, the
>link then displays the first five characters doubled.
>
>Frank at Kermit support said the problem was with the xterm so I looked at
>the definition.
>
>I fixed this problem by changing from -fn 10x20 to -fn fixed or -fn
>linux8x16. These are smaller, however, and do not fill the whole window
>(even when I run at 640). What other fonts should I try? There is no
>linux10x20. What I have is usable, no big deal. 10x20 might not be a good
>default for bl2.
>

>I tried to set up WORD 5.5 for DOS and the printer driver installation
>does not work.

The installation routine has a bug. It looks for the printer driver
in the wrong directory and tells you that it cannot find it. You have
to create the specified directory yourself and copy the printer
files .pr$ to it. Then start the installation program again. IIRC.

Christof

Christof Lange <cce.zizkov AT volny.cz>
Prokopova 4, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
phone: (+420) 222 78 06 73 / 222 78 20 02
http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov