baslinux - Re: [BL] nullmodem cable

  • From: Ian Scott <mriscott AT yahoo.co.uk>
  • To: keesan AT iamjlamb.com
  • Cc: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] nullmodem cable
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 07:11:09 -0500 (EST)

> Steven said when running console programs in an xterm to start it with -e,
> but it worked for me without -e. xterm -sb & made a scrollbar that I can
> use by typing Shift-PgUp and Shift-PgDn, so as to have a scroll buffer for
> Kermit. Still need to figure out how to get full-screen 80x25 xterm.

"xterm" starts an xterm
"xterm -e links" starts an xterm running links

For your full screen xterm, you'll want to use the geom option
"xterm -geom 150x50+0+0" or some such.
(150x50 is the size, 0+0 is the position (ie the top left of your screen)

You probably also want to change the font - use the -fn option
e.g. xterm -fn fixed

use xlsfonts to find out what fonts are available.

Once you've found the font you like, adjust the size params to get the right
size window.

Hope this makes sense,

Ian