baslinux - [BL] dosemu access to linux partitions

  • From: keesan AT iamjlamb.com
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] dosemu access to linux partitions
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 09:37:29 -0500

>>On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 [30]keesan AT iamjlamb.com wrote:
>>
>>> directory' to a dos drive with dosemu. I think this means you get to
>>> choose one linux directory which is accessible while using dosemu, right?
>>>
>>I'm not Christof, but I understood his post as indicating that a real DOS
>>drive/partition can act as a dir for dosemu.
>
>It is a replacement of the subst command under DOS extended,
>however, to any directory of your Linux fs. That means your DOS
>applications can access DOS partition/disks AND Linux partition.
>
>Christof

Please explain how to use dosemu so that we can access a linux directory
and dos directories without having to first copy all the files to
/home/user/ I have not heard of the subst command.

Are all pci cards designed to be used only with Windows? The 300MHz
computer we are going to use for linux has only 2 ISA slots but 5 pci
slots. I want to put in hercules graphics card (for a two-monitor system)
and ISA modem and had hoped for a sound card as well. Another computer
has three ISA slots but won't work at all with HGC, just won't support it.