baslinux - Re: [BL] flwriter; wp51 and dosemu

  • From: "Sindi Keesan" <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] flwriter; wp51 and dosemu
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 20:15:59 -0500 (EST)

> On Sat, 13 Dec 2003, sindi keesan wrote:

>> translate from what I see on the TTL monitor using dosemu and wp51/DOS.
>>
> zgv actually works from the console with svgalib installed and the proper
> conf file. Very helpful info on using dosemu - please keep us posted.
> I'm not sure what "translate . . . using . . . wp51" means, though.
I can view, using zgv, a page which a translation agency scanned and
emailed me as a gif file, on the vga monitor, and then use WP51/DOS under
dosemu to translate it to English on the TTL monitor.

> Make a proper /home/user/DOS entry in your /etc/fstab and it gets
> automounted every time you boot the computer, so that the DOS
> drive/partition is always accessible to dosemu.

I have discovered that this is not a good idea if I am trying to search
for files in the linux directories - it takes much longer because all the
dos files are also searched. On the rare occasions when I use dosemu I
can remember to mount the Dos partition.