baslinux - Re: [BL] postings at James' site

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] postings at James' site
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 09:55:25 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 keesan2 AT cyberspace.org wrote:

> Delilinux also has a very recent openssl which is newer than the one at
> your site. Could you update yours? I am told there were some recent bug
> fixes that improve security.

The packages on my site came from the Delilinux site. I believe I got
them after the ssh/ssl vulnerabilities were announced. So they should be
already the patched versions. What leads you to believe they're not?

> Kermit was compiled for our unimproved Slackware 7.1 (the original glibc)
> as a special favor by someone who works there and can be found at their
> site. It is a single 2M file that you unzip and rename Kermit and make
> executable and put on the path, not a package. You have to get hold of
> documentation separately. No need to post it but can you or Steven add a
> link to it?

I put links to both lynx-ssl and Kermit at my download page.
Unfortunately, the link you provided for Kermit seems to be dead. Do you
have a more up-to-date, or perhaps corrected, link?

James