baslinux - Re: [BL] postings at James' site

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: Sindi Keesan <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] postings at James' site
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 11:20:15 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 keesan2 AT cyberspace.org wrote:

> The openssl at Delilinux was updated Nov 27. The latest openssl came out
> about a month before that. I think you posted your version before the one
> at Delilinux was updated.

Ok, the newer openssl and openssh packages are now at my add-ons site.
Thanks for bringing that to my attention, and thanks to the Delilinux
developer (who, unfortunately, is not on this list) for making these
updated packages available. He's doing a great service to BL users.

> >Unfortunately, the link you provided for Kermit seems to be dead. Do you
> >have a more up-to-date, or perhaps corrected, link?
>
> www.funet.fi/pub/kermit/binaries/cku209.linux-i386-sw7.1

Ok. Both kermit and lynx-ssl are now linked to from my page. I also
linked to Opera 6.03 (just a link to the file in Opera's archive, not the
file itself). I also decided to put antiword there - 0.32. This is the
version from Slack 8, I believe, so I'm not entirely sure it will work on
BL2. Could someone please install it on their BL system, check to see if
it works, then report back here?

> The instructions for installation are roughly:
> Rename the file wermit, give it permissions (chmod x wermit), test it on
> your machine, rename it kermit, and put it on the path (for instance in
> /usr/bin/). If you want documentation get that separately and put it
> where it belongs. ckututor.txt is a long user's manual.

I put these instructions on the page with the new link to kermit that you
found, now located at my BL add-ons site.

James