baslinux - [BL] Bash Man pages

  • From: Matrix Mole <matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: BasLinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [BL] Bash Man pages
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 11:30:55 +0000 (UTC)

Following Stevens response to a question I had concerning background tasks
I executed "man bash" on my Linux machine, and received the error "No
entry in the manual for bash found." Or the equivalent error message. As
can be seen from my sig, I have access to apublic Unix system where I was
able to read the Bash man entry. My question is, did I install something
wrong to not have the Bash manual entry on the machine? I've installed the
manpages.tgz packages (along with all the other packages for man to work).
Is there somethign else I need to install as well? Or should I install the
Bash package by itself so as to get access to the man pages?

matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org