baslinux - [BL] RealTek8139 NIC

  • From: Matrix Mole <matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: BasLinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [BL] RealTek8139 NIC
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 11:26:57 +0000 (UTC)

I have finally managed to track down the make and manufacturer of the NIC
in my BL system. It's a RealTek8139 card. Reading through the HowTo's they
mention something about the 8139 having a lot of problems. Has anyone else
encountered problems with this card? I know that I have to use the special
rtl8139 driver (or 8139too if the previos doesn't work right). I'm just
wanting to see if anyone else has had any problems with this card that
might save me some headaches before I start setting it up and installing
the drivers.

matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org