baslinux - [BL] make_fd on WinXP

  • From: Ernesto Celis <celise AT prodigy.net.mx>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] make_fd on WinXP
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 12:41:37 -0500

> I hope one or two others will try it on Windows XP.
> If it works reliably, I'm going to change the system
> requirements on the BL2 homepage and point users of
> Windows NT/2000/XP to the floppy version.
>
> Cheers,
> Steven

Last night in my house test the new one make_fd in windowsXP
and it works well in XP too, just i have a problem runing
the .bat file using the windows explorer, it tells me
something about drive a: bloked and no other application can
be executed, or something like thaht. But it runs very well
using the command line (not rebooting in command line mode).
Since BL is a small linux distro for old 486pc's oriented, i
think it's not necesary support for NTFS (I do not believe
that Win2K or WinXP can run in a 486 anyway), for me is ok
use Win2K or XP only to make floppys of BL if i need them.
The PC in my house with WinXP have enough disk space (first
partition NTFS 15 GB and second partition Linux 5GB), I use
slackware 9 with NTFS support.

celisdelafuente AT hotmail.com
celise AT prodigy.net.mx
044 834 8 53 81 77