baslinux - Re: [BL] make_fd on WinXP

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] make_fd on WinXP
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 14:36:51 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 6 Jun 2003 qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> it works? BTW, how do you get to the command-line
> in Windows XP?

Through the gui :) I think you have to go to start > programs >
accessories and then "c: prompt" - something like that. I'll try and
double check tonight since the guy downstairs here has XP on his system
now.

> Are you saying that it doesn't work when you reboot
> in command-line mode?

There's really no command line mode in XP. It's more like a dos box.
There's no option in the start menu for "restart in DOS mode" like in
older Win versions: the OS confronts you with only gui from the very
beginning of the boot process. What are they hiding under that gui,
anyways?

James