baslinux - Re: [BL] make_fd on WinXP

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] make_fd on WinXP
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 06:59:00 +0000

Ernesto Celis wrote:

> Last night in my house test the new one make_fd in
> windowsXP and it works well in XP too,

Thank you for trying make_fd. It is very useful to
hear that it works on your Windows XP system.

> just i have a problem runing the .bat file using
> the windows explorer, it tells me something about
> drive a: bloked

Do I understand correctly: when you click on
make_fd.bat with the mouse, it doesn't work?

> But it runs very well using the command line

But, when you type "make_fd" from the command-line,
it works? BTW, how do you get to the command-line
in Windows XP?

> (not rebooting in command line mode).

Are you saying that it doesn't work when you reboot
in command-line mode?

Sorry about all these questions; but when I write
the instructions for Windows XP users, I want to
be sure I have the details correct.

> Since BL is a small linux distro for old 486pc's
> oriented, i think it's not necesary support for
> NTFS (I do not believe that Win2K or WinXP can run
> in a 486 anyway)

True. But, even though I am targetting BL2 at 486DX
and low-end Pentiums, I am happy for people with more
powerful computers to try it. It's not a lot of work
for me to write some instructions for those people.
And, if they like BasicLinux and want to try mounting
their NTFS harddisk, they can get that module from
Slackware 7.1 (in /modules/2.2.16/fs).