baslinux - Re: [BL] pdftotext

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] pdftotext
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 08:29:24 +0000

James Miller wrote:

> one quick and easy way to handle .zip (and tar.gz and
> possibly other compressed formats) is to use a version
> of MC (midnight commander) that has support for
> decompressing enabled.

I suspect that mc calls the tar and unzip executables to
do that. I would be surprised to find that mc has those
capabilities built in.

> In any case, with such a version of MC, you only need to
> navigate to the file in question, highlight it and hit
> "enter." The file is then shown its uncompressed form
> (often as a directory containing files and subdirectories)

links can do the same thing. You just add a couple of
lines in links.cfg to call unzip:
extension "zip" "application/zip"
association "unzip" "application/zip" "unzip -l %|less" 1 1