baslinux - [BL] pdftotext

  • From: <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] pdftotext
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 12:08:23 -0400 (EDT)

Doug has posted pdftotext and pdfimages in a zip file for me to try. When
I mentioned that I don't know how to use a zip file with linux he put
together a static version of a linux unzip program. Then also pdfimage.
He said to ask foolabs if it is okay to post just the console programs
from xpdf, with documentation and a pointer to the website. I have not
heard back from foolabs. If I hear back, and if all these programs work,
we are welcome to post them (as a .tgz package) at Steve's basiclinux
site. I don't have time to test the programs until this weekend so I
asked if it is okay for other basiclinux users to test them. I will post
the URLs if it is okay.