baslinux - Re: [BL] miniX 8bits on line !

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] miniX 8bits on line !
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 17:58:59 +0000

keesan2 AT cyberspace.org wrote to :

> Please could you also answer the other questions, about
> how your SVGA server differs from the regular one, and
> if it is different, could you post it without chimera
> and flwriter and paint so it will be a smaller package.

JP has been very kind to provide the miniX package
(and others) for us. His primary interest is in a
different distribution. We should not expect him
to provide packages for BasicLinux.

> 4M will take me a long time to download (maybe 40 minutes)

How long did it take you to download the two versions
of Opera?

> I think the regular server is only about 1M download.

The miniX package is much more than an Xserver.
It includes the libraries, fonts, binaries, etc.
The BasicLinux X packages total more than 5mb
(and that doesn't include chimera, flwriter or paint).