baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 and Opera 5 - no crashes (yet)

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 and Opera 5 - no crashes (yet)
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 21:47:37 -0400 (EDT)

> Doug's Lynx386 was my preferred browser in DOS. I used epppdd + chat.
> I'm not sure how much ram is required for Lynx386. I ran it with 5mg,
> but it doesn't work on my old laptop with 2mg.

The version with NSL needs at least 4M RAM, the one without SSL worked on
my 386 with 3M RAM (it was half the size of the other .exe file). Doug
has both, also a version he compiled to let you choose how to display
bold, underline, italics, and other attributes (instead of all underlined
on my mono TTL monitor, which led to entire underlined pages). He is
really nice about posting things but is short of space so you need to
download them quickly.

> > If you have also compiled zgv, perhaps Steven has the space to post
> > it and your compiled Lynx for BL2 users.
>
> There is a zgv add-on for BL1. I think it's just a matter of getting
> around to making one for BL2. I can put mine with lynx-ssl, but you'll
> need the graphics libs.

Zgv should also be useful with Links-console. Thanks a lot!
I already needed to download the graphics libraries to use Opera.
Is there some advantage of zgv over xli? I have not used either.

I repeat again that one of the nicest things about basiclinux is the
people on the mailing list.