baslinux - Re: [BL] Networking

  • From: Diego Barizo <diegoba AT adinet.com.uy>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Networking
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 10:00:46 -0400

Cory Hawkless wrote:

I have a netgear FA-310x and a Digital 2110 NIC(Either one...which ever is
easiest to setup). I know I need to download the modules, but then
what..Somehting about the netsetup file?

Please help
Cory

netsetup is a script used to load the modules you might need to connect to the net.
You can use it or load the modules by yourself.
If you edit netsetup it's quite clear what it does, just insmod {nic-module} then run dhcp or setup the net for a fixed IP
You will have to write the name of the module you will use for your nic.
Then you have to run netsetup, and that should be all.

Diego