baslinux - Re: [BL] Sound

  • From: ichi AT aggies.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Sound
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 07:03:57 +0000

Andrew wrote:

> I was wondering if the BasicLinux kernel can support sound?

No. The BL2 zimage is a slim kernel designed to work
on old PCs with limited RAM. It lacks some capabilites.
I suggest you replace the default zimage with the bare.i
bzimage in Slackware 7.1. It is in the /kernels directory.
You will also need to edit boot.bat (with a DOS editor)
to change zimage to bzimage.

> I thought I'd check to see if it should work at all.

Good idea. The config file for the BL2 zimage is at
the BasicLinux site. Here is an excerpt:
# Sound
#
# CONFIG_SOUND is not set