baslinux - [BL] Re: monitor fine tuning with baslinux 2.0

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Re: monitor fine tuning with baslinux 2.0
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 10:10:36 -0400 (EDT)

> >> I have a black and white 12" monitor on my P100 machine
> >

> >Is that monitor just VGA or can it do higher resolutions?

We have a bunch of mono VGA monitors and they only do 640x480. And none
of them seem to have any way to adjust anything except brightness.

> It works fine in VGA (640x480), but you
> >lose
> >the bottom part of the playfield.
>
> >> Could somebody tell me how to get this fixed?

Thanks for the explanation of what causes this problem. Our mono VGA
monitor is also losing the top part of what is displayed in some programs
(which is where the commands are in xedit, for instance). The display
(what you see) is also narrower than the monitor. We fixed this by
changing to a color SVGA monitor but would be interested in changing
virtual screen. Mono VGA is much sharper.