baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: pcmcia card and reader

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: pcmcia card and reader
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 10:13:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 13 Apr 2003, Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:

> But after I made the symbolic link to modprobe (I think at
> least it was ) and rmmod it did not protest any more. I
> cannot remember installing modutils. How could I check?
> Ans where can I check the symbolic links I have made?
>
> Ad>There is no modprobe in busybox. If you need modprobe,

I also was instructed to use modprobe when setting up mdacon (a kernel
module which lets you use Hercules and VGA monitor on the same Linux
computer - you can display on both screens at one, on two virtual
terminals). I could use insmod instead. Modprobe is a slightly fancier
version of insmod. I also used init instead of telinit.