b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Ex 6:6 hiphil imperative 'bring'

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jerry Shepherd <jshepherd53 AT gmail.com>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Ex 6:6 hiphil imperative 'bring'
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 09:33:33 -0600

Hi Karl,

Two things.

(1) "So the problem is not so much what I say, as how I say it."  Not really; it's more than that.  The Masoretic points are far more reliable than what the statement allowed.

(2) "Waltke and O’Connor mention that apparently the Amarna letters, archeologically dated to the Divided Kingdom period, indicated that the speech in Israel had every consonant followed by a vowel."  Could you provide documentation for this?  Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think you may be over-reading what they are claiming.

The rest of the post has some questionable assertions as well, but I'm going to let those slide for now.

Blessings,

Jerry

Jerry Shepherd
Taylor Seminary