b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Ex 6:6 hiphil imperative 'bring'

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jerry Shepherd <jshepherd53 AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Ex 6:6 hiphil imperative 'bring'
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 21:50:40 -0600

Hi Karl,

The problem was with how strongly you put things: "You can't trust the Masoretic points."  I believe rather that a great deal of trust can be put in the Masoretic points.  And, as it turns out, in the example Chris brought forward, the Masoretic text was spot on.

Also, I do not believe that the Masoretic points reflect the "Masoretic time and place."  Rather, they reflect the tradition that was passed down to the Masoretes, which may well indeed go back to biblical times in large measure.

Blessings,

Jerry

Jerry Shepherd
Taylor Seminary