b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Akhnaton

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • To: Jack Kilmon <jkilmon AT historian.net>
  • Cc: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org list" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Akhnaton
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 00:11:47 -0500

1. You may well be right, the Egyptians may have invented it, but invented religions are, methinks, rare.
2. Some propose to read it Aton ––– no sure vowels in this presumed language.
3. 2000 BCE is not so long ago.
4. Is not Horus our חרס XERES, otherwise known as כורש KORE$?

Isaac Fried, Boston University