b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Ssade Can Be Emphatic Sin

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • Cc: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Ssade Can Be Emphatic Sin
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 13:32:45 -0800

George:

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 6:46 PM, George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au> wrote:
Conventional wisdom, which is followed by approximately 99% of folk, places Akhnaton in the 14th century BC.

If you include the 99% of the laity who’ve never been told anything else, therefore have no independent opinion on the issue, I think your percentage is correct.

However, the archaeological evidence is gradually seeping through that the history from Manetho including his chronology is so full of deliberate errors that it’s not worth the paper it’s written on. Therefore we need to look to archeology and other histories to get an accurate chronology for Egypt, and not use Egyptian history as the ruler for ancient history.

GEORGE ATHAS
Dean of Research,
Sydney, Australia