b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 9:21­27

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 9:21­27
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 14:54:11 -0700

George:

The only reason I discuss what follows is in how it may be connected to an understanding of Daniel 9. Other than that, I’d consider this way off topic.

The tradition is that Jesus was in his early 30s when he was executed. The New Testament doesn’t say that in exactly that terminology, so it’s possible that the tradition is wrong. Modern historians now say that Jesus was born either 4 BC or 7 BC, so by your dates, he’d have been in his late 30s to early 40s when he was crucified.